At 8am PST TUESDAY a major announcement regarding The Big 4 will be made over at http://www.facebook.com/thebig4. I’m on the edge of my seat wondering what the announcement will be? Maybe they’ll announce one of the following:
- You will have to take a 2nd mortgage out on your house to afford ONE ticket.
- For the price of a used car you can meet all the members of the bands would would much rather be sleeping than meeting you.
- Metallica actually watched the “Big 4 In Bulgaria” DVD and thought, “Wow, maybe we should practice a bit more.”
- Lars Ulrich took drum lessons throughout the winter so that he will only change tempo 20 times in a set.
- James Hetfield will be fined $1,000.00 for every time he sings “YEH-YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-AHHH”
- They are changing the name of “The Big 4” to “The Big 3 and that other band that used to kick ass at one time but now can barely keep up.”
- Dave Ellefson will receive yet ANOTHER tours worth of standing ovations for running back to Megadeth.
- Anthrax will continue to pretend to like Joey Belladonna.
- Slayer has now forgotten how to play rhythm guitar as well.
- Metallica will join the “play an entire album” party and perform “Re-Load” in it’s entirety.
- There will be a “Misspelled Metallica Tattoo” contest at each show.
Judging from the graphic above it’s going to be American dates for this juggernaut of a tour so I’m assuming the announcement will be US tour dates. If I had to guess I would bet that this is going to be a stadium tour and that it won’t be a full on “tour.” Maybe 20 dates of major markets like New York, LA, Atlanta, etc and that the tickets are going to be astronomical. I doubt highly that the cheapest ticket will be below $75.00 and that will be to sit about 3 rows from Heaven. I’m really curious to see what they will say but stay tuned and I will be sure to release the details here on the blog. Regardless, it’s without a doubt history in the making and I am really looking forward to seeing if it’s in my future to see this performance. Maybe I”ll just be waiting for the DVD but who knows?